According to WashU’s website, the university’s mission is to discover and disseminate knowledge, and to protect the freedom of inquiry through research, teaching and learning.
IIT Delhi and Washington University in St Louis (WashU) signed an agreement yesterday under which select students of the premiere engineering institute will have their skills polished.
According to the agreement, IIT Delhi will become a partner of McDonnell International Scholars Academy of the WashU.
According to IIT Delhi Director V Ramgopal Rao, the IITs were always more Indian-oriented, with Indian students and Indian faculty, solving Indian problems, but now there is an opportunity for the institution to reach out to international collaborators and work on global problems.
“We see so many challenges ahead of us, and no single institution and indeed no single country can actually address all of the approaches to solving these big problems. So it is important for us to partner other institutions in other countries to solve global problems that face us all,” WashU Chancellor Mark S. Wrighton told PTI.
The Washington University along with IIT Delhi also organised first ‘Forum for India’ platform to address how energy choices affect agriculture, environment and health, specifically in relation to climate change on December 15, 2017.
The skills of students that will be polished under the agreement:
- The students of IIT Delhi will be incubated with new ideas and mentored as future leaders
- They will even be able to lead groundbreaking research projects and prepare for the broader world with the help of this collaboration
- The university was founded in 1853 and its chancellor is Mark S. Wrighton
- It is located in St. Louis, Missouri and the motto of the university is Per Veritatem Vis (Strength Through Truth)
- The university’s mission is to discover and disseminate knowledge, and to protect the freedom of inquiry through research, teaching and learning
- It is among the world’s leaders in teaching, research, patient care, and service to society