The placement session 2017-18 at IIT Kharagpur saw a 15 per cent rise in phase 1 placement as compared to last year.
About 1,200 students received job offers at the end of phase 1 of the 2017-18 placement seasons at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
“This placement season started with enrollment of 2,054 students which is the maximum at an individual Indian Institute of Technology.” Professor Debasis Deb, Chairman, Career Development Centre (CDC), IIT Kharagpur told PTI.
The offers were received from 200 companies that visited during the phase-I of the placement.
Placement jumps in IIT -K from last year:
- Undergraduate (UG) students touched the 75 per cent, which is an improvement of 12 per cent
- Postgraduate (PG) students are at 38 per cent, showing an improvement of 14 per cent compared to last year
- B.Arch saw a jump of 20 per cent compared to last year
New trend of PSU’s visit to campus before the actual placement session:
This year saw a new trend with PSUs started visiting the campus during the month of November, which is much before the beginning of actual placement session.
The Career Development Centre (CDC) this year initiated a placement drive for PhDs graduating/graduated within 2 months of the placement process. This gave a fruitful outcome with 26 PhDs getting placed across reputed teaching and research institutions.
About IIT Kharagpur:
- The Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur is a public engineering institution established by the government of India in 1951
- The institute provides broad-based education, helping students hone their professional skills and acquire the best-in-class capabilities in their respective disciplines
- It helps in undertaking sponsored research and provides consultancy services in industrial, educational and socially relevant areas